ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
«PREMONITION» INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The competitive programme of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival is evaluated by the jury that represents different professional directions (filmmaking, acting, visual effects producing) and is formed by Russian and foreign cinematographers. The invitation to participate in the jury is sent by the Organizing Committee of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival. The final list of jury members should be formed by August 5, 2019.
- Competitive programme: no less than 5 feature films that are characterised by the use computer technologies and/or investigate the subject of the future from the perspective of humanitarian and scientific and technological reflection of the world.
- Non-competitive programmes.
- Non-fiction films: no less than 5 films that investigate the subject of the future from the perspective of humanitarian and scientific and technological reflection of the world
- VR films.
- Educational programme.
- Workshops for professionals (computer graphics).
- The decision on the participation of a film is made by the Organizing Committee and should be approved by a film’s right holder (by a director, producer, international sales agent or local distributor).
- Russian and foreign feature and documentary films that comply with the festival’s programme are invited to participate in the Film Festival.
- Films which contain information that is prohibited to be distributed by the law of the Russian Federation, or which contain obscenity, and films for which rental licences were not issued or were withdrawn in accordance with an approved decision of the Government of the Russian Federation from 27.02.2016 ¹143 “The Approval of Regulations for the issuance, refusal of issuance and withdrawal of a rental licence for a film and The Rules on Keeping of the State Register of Films”, are not allowed to participate in the “Premonition” International Film Festival.
- Those who want to present a film for participation in the II “Premonition” International Film Festival should formally declare about it to the Programme Management of the “Premonition” International Film Festival. The Programme Management of the “Premonition” International Film Festival selects films for the Festival programmes.
- Films that have to be reviewed by the Programme Management of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival should be submitted online via sending a link to a screening copy. The deadline for applications for participation is August 15, 2019.
- Official notification of the Programme Management decision on each submission will be sent no later than the date of the Official Press-Conference of the “Premonition” International Film Festival.
- The Programme of film screenings at the “Premonition” International Film Festival is decided by the Programme Management. Each film can be screened not more than 2 times during the festival, including press screenings.
- Only full-length films produced after July 1, 201 9are accepted for the competitive programmes of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival.
- World and international premiers are given preference in the competitive programmes of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival.
- No less than 5 films will be selected for the main competition of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival. Acceptable format for the main competition is DCP.
- Prints of the films selected for the programmes of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival should be delivered to the Programme Management no later than August 22, 2019.
- The following documents should be sent to the Programme Management of the II “Premonition” International Film Festival together with the message about participation:
- full text of a film in the original language and in one of the following languages: Russian, English;
- subtitle cue sheet in the English language, an online screener/DVD;
- synopsis, press and promotional materials;
- excerpts from a film and trailers;
- materials for the Festival’s catalogue (information about filmmakers, photographs, including a director’s photo, slides from films).
- Programme Management of the “Premonition” International Film Festival covers all transportation costs for the screening copies of films selected to the competitive programmes (AIRPORT of sender – Chelyabinsk – AIRPORT of recipient).
- Programme Management of the “Premonition” International Film Festival covers all transportation costs for the screening copies of films selected to the other Festival programmes from Chelyabinsk to the AIRPORT of recipient.
- Programme Management of the “Premonition” International Film Festival covers all film storage and insurance expenses for the films selected to the Festival’s programmes.
PRESIDENT OF THE FESTIVAL | SERGEI MIROSHNICHENKO
Laureate of the State prize of Russia, Honored art worker of Russia, Member of the presidential Council for culture and art of Russia, Member of public Council under the Ministry of culture of the Russian Federation, Director, producer, artistic Director of the Studio " Island". Soviet and Russian filmmaker and screenwriter, Honored art worker of Russia, Laureate of two State prizes of the Russian Federation.
Member of the presidential Council for culture and art of Russia.
Secretary of the Union of Cinematographers of Russia's documentary films, Professor of Russian state Institute of cinematography. Academician of the National Academy of cinematographic arts and Sciences of Russia, member of Russian television Academy "TEFI", member of the Russian Academy of cinema arts "Nika". Curator of the documentary program "Free thought" of the festival.
DIRECTOR | ANGELINA GOLIKOVA
2004-2008 – Russian State Institute of cinematography (VGIK), directing Department of the feature film (workshop of V. I. Khotinenko, V. Fenchenko).
2002-present - writer, Director, Executive producer at Studio " Island".
Since 2006 is the Director of the documentary program "Free thought".
Since 2013 lecturer of the Institute of Cinematography.
The Director of such films as: "Russia: we are 25 years old", "Ring the world".
Multiple winner of the prize "Stalker" at the international festival of films about human rights.
PRODUCER | ANASTASIA BEZRUK
In 2013 she graduated from the economic faculty of southern Federal University, and immediately joined Russian State Institute of cinematography (VGIK), directing workshop under the leadership of S. V. Miroshnichenko, and S. L. Muzychenko.
During the training worked on such projects of the Studio "Island", as "Spirit in motion" (2014, dir. Sofia Geveyler) and "Bottom" (2017, dir. Sergey Miroshnichenko and angelinaGolikova) as assistant Director, as well as on the sets of various feature and documentary projects as a Director and Executive producer. The thesis "All on the tractor!" was included in the long list of awards "Golden eagle" in the nomination "Best documentary film".
2016, works with guests and participants of the documentary competition, and the festival of documentary program "Free thought".
CURATOR OF THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM | MAYA KUZINA
Film curator, curator of special projects of the Center of documentary cinema.
CURATOR DOC.PROGRAMS | IRINA BELYH
Graduated from the linguistic faculty of the Moscow state linguistic University majoring in "Linguistics and intercultural communication" and ended director's courses of the New York film academy.
From 2005 to 2010 was engaged in procurement for distribution companies and TV channels.
From 2011 to 2014, program Director of the Festival of contemporary scientific movie "360" in the Polytechnic Museum.
Since 2014 – program Director of the Festival of contemporary scientific movie "the FUNK".
In 2016, joined the team of the documentary competition of the festival and the program "Free thought".
CURATOR VR PROGRAMS | GEORGY MOLODTSOV
Russian film Director and producer, is an expert in the field of VR content.
In 2008 he graduated from the Russian State Institute of cinematography (VGIK), the workshop documentary film by Sergei Miroshnichenko.
In 2015 he received the degree of master of arts in film and video at the School of communication, American University (Washington, USA) on the Fulbright program. Georgy Molodtsov is one of the most famous Russian experts in the production of content 360°, and in the organization of the VR measures under different film festivals.
Russian actress of stage and screen. Was born in the Sverdlovsk region, Sverdlovsk–45 city (Lesnoy town).
She graduated from the faculty of foreign languages in Nizhny Novgorod, worked as a model in international agencies of France, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, and the USA. Anna Chirina began the career of actress with her debut in the Italian series "LA BANDA", directed by Claudio Fergasso, after that she entered VGIK (workshop of S. Solovyov, V. Mirzoyev, and V. Rubinchik), from which she graduated in 2006 with honors diploma in 2006.
The first Russian film was "Oligarch", directed by Pavel Lungin, in which she played the role of a journalist who accidentally saved the Vladimir Mashkov's character from the car bomb. Thesis role - Irina in the film "Signs of Love", directed by V. Mirzoev. Then there were shootings in series, feature films, participation in theater projects.
Russian actor, filmmaker, screenwriter, producer and writer. Was born in the Moscow region.
As a producer of the film company Russian Film Group, he produced a number of successful and grossing movies. The first pilot project of the company was the release of the documentary "Pankration", which collected the best fights of the World Pankration Championship, fights with no rules. The filmography contains many films. He is widely known as the producer of the film "Viy", the highest-grossing Russian film in 2014, the director of the film "Uchilka" (2015). He also has carried out several art-house projects, on which short films were based, later these films were successfully held at various film festivals.
HANS BLOCK (Germany)
German theater director, film director, screenwriter and musician. He studied music at the Berlin University of the Arts and theater directing at the Ernst Bush Academy of Dramatic Art in Berlin.
Ân 2004, his play “Austrian Psycho” was awarded the prize for best performance at the Radikal Jung festival in Munich. Director and writer of The Cleaners documentary (2018). He works at the Laokoon studio with Moritz Rizevik, and their goal is to discover the "trojan horses" of our era. Their projects in various media formats are striking, complex narratives starting with an investigation
MORITZ RIESEWIECK (Germany)
German essayist, screenwriter, theater and film director. He studied theater directing at the Ernst Bush Academy of Dramatic Art in Berlin.
In 2014, he directed the play by George Buchner “Woyzeck” in Mexico City. In 2016, he got an Elsa Neumann scholarship from the federal state of Berlin for innovative theater work. In the same year, he lectured on digital cleaning in Berlin Re:publica and at the "Berliner Theatertreffen" festival. His essay, “Digital Dirty Work,” was published by German "dtv" in 2017.
Director, creator of Russia's first interactive series “Digital Doctor”. Was born in Rostov-on-Don. Lives in Moscow.
He studied at the Higher School of Economics, Alexander Mitta Film School and the MovieBand Laboratory. Together with his wife Victoria Kravchenko, he thought up and shot the short film “Crazy Life” about a man whose life becomes similar to Quentin Tarantino’s films. After traveling to various film festivals with this film, Kravchenko came up with the idea of creating the "Digital Doctor" web series. The family founded the Wild Digital studio, which produces digital stories and advertising projects.